Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/01/25 14:49:16 UTC

Execution Logic for REST calls to services

Hi list,

According to the current implementation, we are capable to distinguish
between SOAP and REST calls. Next we have a REST execution path.

Existing Logic:
1. Build OM Payload at Transport Level
2. Dispatch based on request-URL
3. Upon failure call other dispatchers. Only the SOAP Body Based
dispatcher gets called as the REST service has no addressing and SOAP
Action as in SOAP.

Proposed Logic:
1. Check call type, if REST do the REST dispatching, if SOAP do the normal
dispatching
2. Dispatch based on request-URL
3. Identify operation based on URL.
4. Build the OM Payload within the REST dispatcher.

Please note that the Existing Logic would be preserved for SOAP requests.

The new logic requires the new dispatcher, named
rest_url_based_dispatcher. This will be able to do the mapping between the
REST call and the services.xml in building the payload which will be sent
into the engine.

Regards,
Senaka