Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> on 2009/03/24 17:39:26 UTC

Apache Directory Studio winner of the Eclipse Community Awards 2009

Hi,

The Apache Directory Team is very pleased to announce that Apache
Directory Studio [1] is the winner of the Eclipse Community Awards 2009
[2] in the category Best Open Source RCP Application of the Technology
Awards.

Developed as a sub-project of the Directory Top Level Project, Apache
Directory Studio is an Eclipse RCP application that takes full advantage
of the benefits inherent in the Eclipse platform. Composed of several
Eclipse (OSGi) plugins, Apache Directory Studio can be easily upgraded
with additional plugins. Apache Directory Studio plugins can even run
within a full installation of Eclipse itself.

Apache Directory Studio contains 6 major features:
 * an LDAP Browser
 * an LDIF Editor
 * an ACI Editor for Apache Directory Server
 * a Schema Editor
 * an embedded Apache Directory Server
 * an Apache DS Configuration Editor

You can download Apache Directory Studio as a standalone RCP application
for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows here:
 http://directory.apache.org/studio/downloads.html

Regards,
The Apache Directory Team

[1] http://directory.apache.org/studio/
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/20090323_AwardsWinners.php

Re: Apache Directory Studio winner of the Eclipse Community Awards 2009

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Last year you had to say "I'll be back" - This time you made it :-)
Big time congrats!

Felix

Posted by Yiannis Mavroukakis <im...@gameaccount.com>.
Massive congrats guys :-)

Posted by Yiannis Mavroukakis <im...@gameaccount.com>.
Massive congrats guys :-)

Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Apache Directory Team is very pleased to announce that Apache
> Directory Studio [1] is the winner of the Eclipse Community Awards 2009
> [2] in the category Best Open Source RCP Application of the Technology
> Awards.
>
> Developed as a sub-project of the Directory Top Level Project, Apache
> Directory Studio is an Eclipse RCP application that takes full advantage
> of the benefits inherent in the Eclipse platform. Composed of several
> Eclipse (OSGi) plugins, Apache Directory Studio can be easily upgraded
> with additional plugins. Apache Directory Studio plugins can even run
> within a full installation of Eclipse itself.
>
> Apache Directory Studio contains 6 major features:
>  * an LDAP Browser
>  * an LDIF Editor
>  * an ACI Editor for Apache Directory Server
>  * a Schema Editor
>  * an embedded Apache Directory Server
>  * an Apache DS Configuration Editor
>
> You can download Apache Directory Studio as a standalone RCP application
> for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows here:
>  http://directory.apache.org/studio/downloads.html
>
> Regards,
> The Apache Directory Team
>
> [1] http://directory.apache.org/studio/
> [2] http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/20090323_AwardsWinners.php

AW: Apache Directory Studio winner of the Eclipse Community Awards 2009

Posted by th...@deutschepost.de.
Congratulations for a job well done!

Best,
Thorsten