Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by iyy <iy...@apparelxml.net> on 2003/11/04 06:34:01 UTC

moving from cocoon 2.1 dev to cocoon 2.1.3 dev

We are moving our application from Cocoon 2.1 Dev to Cocoon 2.1.3 Dev.

One xsl statement that worked in Cocoon 2.1 dev causes error in Cocoon 2.1.3 Dev.

<xsl:if test="normalize-space(element_name) = normalize-space($variable_name)">
</xsl:if>

In the xsl-if , if I used normalize-space then the page fails with the following error:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource

If I removed the normalize-space, then the page works ok  ie.
<xsl:if test="element_name = $variable_name">
</xsl:if>

As far as I know, xsl syntax is ok.
Any tips are welcome.

Re: moving from cocoon 2.1 dev to cocoon 2.1.3 dev

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
On 04.11.2003 06:34, iyy wrote:
> We are moving our application from Cocoon 2.1 Dev to Cocoon 2.1.3 Dev.
>
> One xsl statement that worked in Cocoon 2.1 dev causes error in Cocoon 2.1.3 Dev.
>
> <xsl:if test="normalize-space(element_name) = normalize-space($variable_name)">
> </xsl:if>

Seems to be correct indeed. $variable_name is declared I guess?

> In the xsl-if , if I used normalize-space then the page fails with the following error:
>
> The XML page cannot be displayed
> Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

> XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource

This is an Internet Explorer error message. Try to find the error
messages server side, i.e. the Cocoon ones.

> If I removed the normalize-space, then the page works ok  ie.
> <xsl:if test="element_name = $variable_name">
> </xsl:if>

Really strange, didn't came across such an error.

> As far as I know, xsl syntax is ok.
> Any tips are welcome.

The only difference between 2.1 and the current CVS are the versions of
Xalan and Xerces. I don't know how old your 2.1 dev is, but 2.1 was
released with Xalan 2.5.1, now we have 2.5.2, Xerces from 2.4 to 2.5.
Could be that there are any regression bugs in one of the versions,
maybe you can switch back. Or do you have updated endorsed dirs?

I suggest to search for an server side error message first and
afterwards (if this doesn't help) switch to an older version of both
Xerces and Xalan.

Joerg

Re: moving from cocoon 2.1 dev to cocoon 2.1.3 dev

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Hi:

Try to switch from xalan to xsltc or inverse.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo