Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by danbroudy <no...@github.com> on 2015/04/20 19:13:51 UTC

[jclouds-examples] adding google-lb example (#75)

Add an example of using JSON keys to authenticate to Google Compute Engine.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/75

-- Commit Summary --

  * adding google-lb example

-- File Changes --

    A google-lb/README.md (47)
    A google-lb/pom.xml (182)
    A google-lb/src/main/assembly/jar-with-dependencies.xml (42)
    A google-lb/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/google/lb/MainApp.java (274)
    A google-lb/src/main/resources/logback.xml (36)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/75.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/75.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/75

Re: [jclouds-examples] adding google-lb example (#75)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Merged to master then :) Thanks!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/75#issuecomment-96838678

Re: [jclouds-examples] adding google-lb example (#75)

Posted by danbroudy <no...@github.com>.
Updated to remove some dependencies.

Question: Do you think I should also remove the logback-classic dependency and the logback.xml file because I'm not using it or should I leave it as a part of the example?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/75#issuecomment-96012478

Re: [jclouds-examples] adding google-lb example (#75)

Posted by danbroudy <no...@github.com>.
> +
> +-->
> +<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> +         xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
> +  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
> +  <groupId>org.apache.jclouds.examples</groupId>
> +  <artifactId>google-lb</artifactId>
> +  <version>1.9.0</version>
> +  <name>google-lb</name>
> +  <description>jclouds-labs-google example that shows using the compute specific api and constructing a load balancer.</description>
> +
> +  <properties>
> +    <jclouds.version>1.9.0</jclouds.version>
> +  </properties>
> +
> +  <dependencies>

Sounds good to me.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/75/files#r29066565

Re: [jclouds-examples] adding google-lb example (#75)

Posted by danbroudy <no...@github.com>.
Lets leave it as is then.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/75#issuecomment-96800586

Re: [jclouds-examples] adding google-lb example (#75)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
> +
> +-->
> +<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> +         xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
> +  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
> +  <groupId>org.apache.jclouds.examples</groupId>
> +  <artifactId>google-lb</artifactId>
> +  <version>1.9.0</version>
> +  <name>google-lb</name>
> +  <description>jclouds-labs-google example that shows using the compute specific api and constructing a load balancer.</description>
> +
> +  <properties>
> +    <jclouds.version>1.9.0</jclouds.version>
> +  </properties>
> +
> +  <dependencies>

What do you think about leaving only the required dependencies to run the example? (the gce, jclouds-compute and ssh driver ones?).

Users might find easier to get started with their projects by just adding the "jclouds-all" dependency, but given that this example is GCE specific, it might make sense to have a small dependency set, showing how they can narrow the size of their projects. WDYT?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/75/files#r28965955

Re: [jclouds-examples] adding google-lb example (#75)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
>Question: Do you think I should also remove the logback-classic dependency and the logback.xml file because I'm not using it or should I leave it as a part of the example?

Your call. lgtm as-is :)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/pull/75#issuecomment-96799185