Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> on 2022/03/11 20:01:33 UTC

whimsy subscription data

Hi folks,

Could you please refresh my memory or point me at some documentation that describes how whimsy currently communicates with hermes vis a vis mailing list information? I am looking to understand the scope of changes which will be needed as we migrate to its replacement.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: whimsy subscription data

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Hermes pushes the subscription data across to Whimsy at the end of the
following script which runs as a cronjob:

 /home/apmail/bin/listmodsubs.sh

The Whimsy host definition may need to be updated to ensure it accepts
incoming rsync commands from the new server.

Whimsy does not initiate communications with hermes.

Some Whimsy details are at:
https://github.com/apache/whimsy/blob/master/DEPLOYMENT.md
and sibling files

Whimsy is also subscribed to various mailing lists, so needs to be
able to get mails from any new server.