Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/22 17:38:58 UTC

Cordova-Android 7.0.0 Review request

Hey

So, there's currently a two outstanding PRs that I want to throw into
Cordova-Android 7.0.0:

https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/pull/384
https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/pull/352

The thing is that I want some people to actually review these changes
before I add them.  I'm also going to be sending another PR soon putting
the Whitelist, Splashscreen and Compat plugins back into Cordova Android
since it never made sense for them to be plugins in the first place, and it
was ideologically driven more than anything practical.

Since we have a major release on the horizon, I am going to need the
community's help to review this and get this release out.  We've been
trying to do a major effort to not patch bomb the crap out of Cordova by
pushing back on features, but given how far Cordova-Android has drifted
from mainstream Android development, I think it's time we update it and
move forward with Cordova-Android 7.0.0.  That said, before we can land
these patches, and get a discuss thread, I really need some review.

So, if you're running a project that is legacy, or you have tooling that
relies on Cordova not changing, or your company is based on this project,
please review these patches and participate in the process.  We really need
to move forward, and I would prefer to not just throw crap over the fence
this time around.

Thanks

Joe

Re: Cordova-Android 7.0.0 Review request

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.
BUMP!  Let's see if we can get some traction behind these:

Here's the latest StudioProjectCompat PR:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/pull/389

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.