Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by chandra kant <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/05 06:36:13 UTC

Fwd: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node

Hi,
Is it possible to install both hadoop1 and hadoop2 side  by side on single
node for development purpose so that I can choose any one of them by just
shutting down one and starting another?
I installed hadoop 1.2.1 and ran air successfully.
Next, when I try to do "hdfs namenode - format " from hadoop2.2.0 , it
tries to format the hadoop.tmp.dir set up by hadoop1.2.1 , which is clearly
not desirable. I set up "dfs.namenode.name.dir" and "dfs.datanode.data.dir"
in "hdfs-site.xml" to different
locations.
But again the same problem...
Any suggestions....

--
Chandra

Re: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node

Posted by Raj K Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
yes you can install both the version on the same machine but make sure to
install the configuration directories somewhere in the
/etc/hadoop/conf_1.0.0 or /etc/hadoop/conf_2.0.x and setup HADOOP_CONF_DIR
env variable to point to the correct installation.

Apart from it HDFS implementation is different for both the version so
 make a different directories for both the installation.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Raj K Singh
http://in.linkedin.com/in/rajkrrsingh
http://www.rajkrrsingh.blogspot.com
Mobile  Tel: +91 (0)9899821370

Posted by Raj K Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raj K Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raj K Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node

Posted by chandra kant <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chandra kant <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chandra kant <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chandra kant <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chandra kant <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks..

Posted by chandra kant <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks..

Posted by chandra kant <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks..

Posted by chandra kant <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks..

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.

--
Regards
Shengjun

Re: Installing both hadoop1 and haddop2 on single node

Posted by Shengjun Xin <sx...@gopivotal.com>.

--
Regards
Shengjun