Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@apache.org> on 2003/01/31 13:16:54 UTC

Re: Locking a collection

arjen stolk wrote:
> Hmm, you might want to check http://ophelia.cs.put.poznan.pl/xmlrep/, which
> is a project of
> Poznan University of Technology
> They made a wrapper around Xindice that seems to support locking.

When I read:

"Xindice has several bugs in version 1.0 - a patched binary release of
Xindice (see Section 2.1)"

I start liking the GPL... :-(

-Vladimir

--
Vladimir R. Bossicard
Apache Xindice - http://xml.apache.org/xindice

Re: Locking a collection

Posted by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@apache.org>.
> I don't. If they like shooting themselves in their foot, let them do it.
> We'll come out with new releases, and they will be stuck since they
> didn't share their result with us. I don't really mind, it's their
> problem, not ours.

You're absolutely right.  Hopefully they'll learn.

-Vladimir

Re: Locking a collection

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Vladimir R. Bossicard wrote:
> arjen stolk wrote:
>
>> Hmm, you might want to check http://ophelia.cs.put.poznan.pl/xmlrep/,
>> which
>> is a project of
>> Poznan University of Technology
>> They made a wrapper around Xindice that seems to support locking.
>

> When I read:
>
> "Xindice has several bugs in version 1.0 - a patched binary release of
> Xindice (see Section 2.1)"
>
> I start liking the GPL... :-(

I don't. If they like shooting themselves in their foot, let them do it.
We'll come out with new releases, and they will be stuck since they
didn't share their result with us. I don't really mind, it's their
problem, not ours.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino