Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Jason Iannone <br...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/26 20:50:55 UTC

ConsumeKafka_2.0 support for binary to text header attributes

Hi all,

We have scenarios where binary is contained within kafka headers. In its
current form the processor only has an option to apply character set
encoding, which on actual binary data doesn't play well. I would like to
propose an additional parameter in consumekafka to allow Hex and Base64
encoding of the header attributes.

What's the process around this, as well as potential contribution (if I can
get approval)?

Thanks,
Jason

Re: ConsumeKafka_2.0 support for binary to text header attributes

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason,

I'd recommended filing a JIRA here [1].
The more detailed the description is, the better.

Then you can submit a change through a Pull Request on Github. You might
want to have a look at the contributor guide [2].

Let me know if you have any questions.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide