Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by riya <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 23:17:30 UTC

SCOMP not found on MAC

Hi,

We have started evaluating xmlbeans recently. We tried to install it on MAC
OS X 10.5.6. I unzipped xml bean folder in /Library and followed these
steps:

1) cd xmlbeans/
./xbeanenv.sh
ant

This generated build folder with mandatory SAXON jars.

2) set the environment variables like below:

export XMLBEANS_HOME=/Library/xmlbeans-2.4.0
export PATH=$PATH:$XMLBEANS_HOME/bin
export
CLASSPATH=$XMLBEANS_HOME/lib/xbean.jar:$XMLBEANS_HOME/lib/jsr173_1.0_api.jar:$CLASSPATH

3) Then I tried to test if I could generate the jar file for one of the
schema provided with the source.
Now I opened terminal and tried to execute following

$ cd ../../Library/xmlbeans-2.4.0/samples/XsdConfig/schemas
$ scomp -out catalog.jar catalog.xsd

 Above command gives me:

-bash: scomp: command not found

We could easily follow the instructions and generated the JAR on windows.
But our develpment platform is MAC only. Can someone please tell if I am
missing something.
I need to get it going as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!
Riya

Re: SCOMP not found on MAC

Posted by Youssef <yo...@gmail.com>.
on my MAC, full path to scomp works fine for me like this
/Volumes/Build/XmlBeans/xmlbeans-2.3.0/bin/scomp -out MyJar.jar
/Volumes/Build/MyLibrary/X/MySchema.xsd

RE: SCOMP not found on MAC

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@oracle.com>.
Hi,

Re: SCOMP not found on MAC

Posted by riya <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it indeed was  a path issue.
Thanks for replying!!
riya

cmathrusse wrote:

> You'll need to execute it in one of the following ways:
>
> ./scomp -out catalog.jar catalog.xsd
>
> or
>
> ~/Library/xmlbeans-2.4.0/bin/scomp -out catalog.jar catalog.xsd
>
> This is a PATH issue, not an issue with XmlBeans. The problem is that
> scomp is not in your PATH so you must specify where it can be found. The
> first example is the easiest so long as you are attempting to execute it
> from the current working directory. And if you really want to simply
> execute it like this:
>
> scomp -out catalog.jar catalog.xsd
>
> Then you will need to add the directory where scomp lives to your PATH.
>
> export PATH="$PATH:~/Library/xmlbeans-2.4.0/bin"
>

> riya <ra...@gmail.com>
> 02/03/2009 02:17 PM
> Please respond to
> user@xmlbeans.apache.org

> user@xmlbeans.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> SCOMP not found on MAC
>

> Hi,
>
> We have started evaluating xmlbeans recently. We tried to install it on
> MAC
> OS X 10.5.6. I unzipped xml bean folder in /Library and followed these
> steps:
>
> 1) cd xmlbeans/
> ./xbeanenv.sh
> ant
>
> This generated build folder with mandatory SAXON jars.
>
> 2) set the environment variables like below:
>
> export XMLBEANS_HOME=/Library/xmlbeans-2.4.0
> export PATH=$PATH:$XMLBEANS_HOME/bin
> export
> CLASSPATH=$XMLBEANS_HOME/lib/xbean.jar:$XMLBEANS_HOME/lib/jsr173_1.0_api.jar:$CLASSPATH
>

> 3) Then I tried to test if I could generate the jar file for one of the
> schema provided with the source.
> Now I opened terminal and tried to execute following
>
> $ cd ../../Library/xmlbeans-2.4.0/samples/XsdConfig/schemas
> $ scomp -out catalog.jar catalog.xsd
>
>  Above command gives me:
>
> -bash: scomp: command not found
>
> We could easily follow the instructions and generated the JAR on windows.
> But our develpment platform is MAC only. Can someone please tell if I am
> missing something.
> I need to get it going as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Riya

Re: SCOMP not found on MAC

Posted by Ch...@sybase.com.