Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/17 21:33:18 UTC

Problem With the 'msgsend' Tutorial

Please ignore my previous message because that problem
is solved.

I am trying the JavaMail tutorial at
http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/JavaMail/contents.html

I have the IIS SMTP virtual server installed in my
machine.  In the domains folder, I can see the domain
name is XP-JENC-C.milky-way.MyCompanyName.org and its
type is Local(default).

I compiled the msgsend.java file and run the file this
way:
C:\javamail-1_3_1-upd\javamail-1.3.1\demo>java msgsend
-o jenc-c@MyCompanyName.org -M
XP-JENC-C.milky-way.MyCompanyName.org
jiapei_jen@yahoo.com

In the DOS Window, it shows To: jiapei_jen@yahoo.com
and Subject: is prompted to the screen.  I typed in

It is a test <enter>
I want to see if it is working <Ctrl-Z> <enter>

and I got this error message:

Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/mail/util/Sha
redByteArrayInputStream
        at msgsend.<init>(msgsend.java:14
        at msgsend.main(msgsend.java:60)

RE: Problem With the 'msgsend' Tutorial

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I am trying the JavaMail tutorial

> I compiled the msgsend.java file
com/sun/mail/util/SharedByteArrayInputStream
>         at msgsend.<init>(msgsend.java:14

Well, you've got a problem with the classloader not being able to find
JavaMail.  But why are you asking on the JAMES mailing list?  There is a
JavaMail interest mailing list maintained by Sun.

	--- Noel