Posted to builds@apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2010/08/10 23:42:28 UTC

Upcoming migration to new Hudson master

Hi

The new Hudson master has now been set up and is available at
https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/. If you had an account on the old
(well, current) Hudson master, you should have one on the new.
However, it will now be using your LDAP password (same as for SVN).
Also, normal accounts no longer have full admin rights in Hudson.
Instead, these accounts are limited to job admin (e.g. creating,
configuring, running jobs).

Right now, only a few test jobs are running on the new master and only
the Windows slave. Next I will move over all remaining jobs. This will
take quite some time, simply due to the amount of data in the build
history. If no one objects, I plan start this process tomorrow morning
(UTC+1). During this time, Hudson will be unavailable.

After the new master is fully up and running, redirects will be setup
so the existing URLs will continue working.

/niklas

Re: Upcoming migration to new Hudson master

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> I will have to reschedule this since it turns out I will be away. I'll
> make a new attempt on Sunday.

Hudson is now being shut down for this migration.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

AW: AW: Upcoming migration to new Hudson master

Posted by Jan Matèrne <ap...@materne.de>.
> > On 08/11/2010 08:42 AM, Jan Matèrne wrote:
> > > If I remember right, there was a discussion about not having any job running
> > > on the master - only on slaves....
> >
> > It is a good idea. Trivially enforceable by configuring master to have
> > zero executors.
>
> Yep, exactly what is going to happen :)

Fine.
I only wanted that this wasnt be forgotten :O

Jan

RE: AW: Upcoming migration to new Hudson master

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Gav...

Re: AW: Upcoming migration to new Hudson master

Posted by Jesse Glick <je...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Jan Matèrne <ap...@materne.de>.
> > The new Hudson master has now been set up and is available at
> > https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/.
>
> BTW, there's a Hudson security release 1.371 out. I'm upgrading
> hudson.zones.apache.org now, and it would be good to upgrade the new
> master too before switching over.

If I remember right, there was a discussion about not having any job running
on the master - only on slaves....
Would be a good time to enforce this (if wanted) ;)

Jan

Re: Upcoming migration to new Hudson master

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

<ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> The new Hudson master has now been set up and is available at
> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/.

Thanks a lot for the setup work! I finally have my OPIE setup done on
aegis, so as soon as someone grants me the appropriate sudo rights
I'll be able to help out where needed.

BTW, there's a Hudson security release 1.371 out. I'm upgrading
hudson.zones.apache.org now, and it would be good to upgrade the new
master too before switching over.

BR,

Jukka Zitting