Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/26 12:35:33 UTC

Secondary Namenode on hadoop 0.20.205 ?

Hey people,

How can we setup another machine in the cluster as Secondary Namenode
in hadoop 0.20.205 ?
Can a DN also act as SNN, any pros and cons of having this configuration ?

Thanks,
Praveenesh

Re: Secondary Namenode on hadoop 0.20.205 ?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Yes, checkpoints are helpful when your original NN image goes corrupt (very very rare, if you use dual or more dfs.name.dir points to be safe).

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
Cool.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
The link Uma passed already covered that question: http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/02/multi-host-secondarynamenode-configuration/ [dfs.http.address in hdfs-site.xml pointing to NN_HOST:50070 should do.]

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.