Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by je...@exgate.tek.com on 2005/10/27 23:23:35 UTC

MS Access

OK, database gurus,

Has anybody created a test database using Microsoft Access?  When I run
"ant prepare-testdb" with MySQL, it works fine, but when I switch to
MSAccess, it gets this error:
C:\Java\db-ojb-1.0.3\ojb-blank\src\schema\build-torque.xml:300:
Exception thrown by 'generator.parse'.
For more information consult the velocity log, or invoke ant with the
-debug flag.

When I use the ant -debug flag, I get this:
Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException:
Unable to find resource 'sql/db-init/msaccess/createdb.vm'

When I look in the Velocity log, it shows all the other .vm files being
loaded (except VM_global_library.vm, but that always happens).  Since
I've always had trouble creating MsAccess databases with SQL, I created
the database manually and commented out the create_db.sql step in the
build.xml file and it got past it.  It generates the SQL statements and
executes them, but the following statements fail.  From the pattern, it
looks like MsAccess doesn't like "DECIMAL" "BIGINT" "BLOB" or "CLOB".
What I don't know is what to substitute for these four data types.
Would one of you nice folks take please tell me what it wants?  I'll
just execute them manually.  I really don't want to fix Torque or
Velocity or whatever caused it.

Thanks,

Jean

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE BLOB_TEST ( ID
integer, BLOB_VALUE_, CLOB_VALUE_, PRIMARY KEY(ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE SM_KEY ( INT_KEY
integer, NAME VARCHAR (250), STRING_KEY VARCHAR (250), LONG_KEY BIGINT,
INTEGER_KEY integer, PRIMARY KEY(INT_KEY) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE EJB_ARTICLE (
ARTICLE_ID integer, NAME VARCHAR (80), PRICE DECIMAL (15,2), DESCRIPTION
VARCHAR (255), CATEGORY_ID integer, PRIMARY KEY(ARTICLE_ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE FIELD_CONVERSION_NODE
( NODE_ID DECIMAL (15,0), NODE_STATE integer, PARENT_UID DECIMAL (15,0),
PRIMARY KEY(NODE_ID,NODE_STATE) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE
FIELD_CONVERSION_NODE_NOINC ( NODE_ID DECIMAL (15,0), PRIMARY
KEY(NODE_ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE NUMBER_ACCURACY_TEST (
OBJ_ID integer, SCALE_TWO DECIMAL (15,6), SCALE_FOUR DECIMAL (15,6),
PRIMARY KEY(OBJ_ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE BATCH_MAIN_OBJ (
OBJ_ID BIGINT, NAME VARCHAR (100), PRIMARY KEY(OBJ_ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE BATCH_SUB_OBJ ( OBJ_ID
BIGINT, FK_MAIN_ID BIGINT, NAME VARCHAR (100), PRIMARY KEY(OBJ_ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE READONLY_TEST ( OBJ_ID
DECIMAL (15,0), NAME VARCHAR (150), RO_STRING VARCHAR (150), RO_LONG
DECIMAL (15,0), PRIMARY KEY(OBJ_ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE NESTED_FIELDS_TAB (
OBJ_ID DECIMAL (15,0), NAME VARCHAR (150), NESTED_VALUE VARCHAR (150),
NESTED_DESCRIPTION VARCHAR (150), PRIMARY KEY(OBJ_ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE NESTED_FIELDS_ENTRY (
OBJ_ID integer, FK_ID DECIMAL (15,0), NAME VARCHAR (150), PRIMARY
KEY(OBJ_ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE
INHERITANCE_MULTI_COMPANY ( OBJ_ID DECIMAL (15,0), NAME VARCHAR (150),
PRIMARY KEY(OBJ_ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE
INHERITANCE_MULTI_EMPLOYEE ( OBJ_ID integer, OBJ_ID_2 DECIMAL (15,0),
NAME VARCHAR (150), FK_ADDRESS integer, PRIMARY KEY(OBJ_ID,OBJ_ID_2) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE
INHERITANCE_MULTI_EXECUTIVE ( OBJ_ID integer, OBJ_ID_2 DECIMAL (15,0),
SUPER_ID integer, SUPER_ID_2 DECIMAL (15,0), MANAGER_ID integer,
MANAGER_ID_2 DECIMAL (15,0), DEPARTMENT VARCHAR (150), PRIMARY
KEY(OBJ_ID,OBJ_ID_2) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE
INHERITANCE_MULTI_MANAGER ( OBJ_ID integer, OBJ_ID_2 DECIMAL (15,0),
SUPER_ID integer, SUPER_ID_2 DECIMAL (15,0), PRIMARY
KEY(OBJ_ID,OBJ_ID_2) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE P_A_TABLE ( ID BIGINT,
A_ATTRIB integer, PRIMARY KEY(ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE P_B_TABLE ( ID BIGINT,
B_ATTRIB integer, A_ID BIGINT, PRIMARY KEY(ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE P_C_TABLE ( ID BIGINT,
C_ATTRIB integer, C1_ATTRIB integer, B_ID BIGINT, D_ID BIGINT, PRIMARY
KEY(ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE P_D_TABLE ( ID BIGINT,
D_ATTRIB integer, PRIMARY KEY(ID) )

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE OJB_HL_SEQ ( TABLENAME
VARCHAR (175), FIELDNAME VARCHAR (70), MAX_KEY BIGINT, GRAB_SIZE
integer, VERSION integer, PRIMARY KEY(TABLENAME,FIELDNAME) )

Re: MS Access

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi tom, jean,

do you have any news regarding this topic ?

jakob

Re: MS Access

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.