Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Briccetti <da...@davebsoft.com> on 2006/09/20 20:57:31 UTC

Maven read Eclipse .project and .classpath, then deploy

Hi. I've been reading about and playing with Maven and it looks
great. There's something I want to do that I can't figure out.
Perhaps someone can help.

I have a Java application I'm developing with Eclipse, so all the
dependencies are specified there. It's a rather long classpath. I
want a tool to read whatever's needed from Eclipse
(.project, .classpath), and then collect all the jars and build me a
"java -cp ..." command line or script to invoke the application on
another machine. I want to be able to change the dependencies in
Eclipse, and then regenerate this business, always reflecting the
current dependencies from Eclipse.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Briccetti
Lafayette, California

RE: Maven read Eclipse .project and .classpath, then deploy

Posted by Manuel Ledesma <ma...@comcast.net>.
You could use the eclipse pluging, which will create a .propject and
.classpath base on maven dependencies. Or you could install the maven plugin
for eclipse, which will be your next steps after running eclipse plugin.

You can add dependencies and run lifecycles from inside eclipse, keeping you
pom.xml and eclipse classpath in sync.