Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Paul Tyson <ph...@sbcglobal.net> on 2022/08/15 15:52:47 UTC

jena version java compatibility

Apologies for not paying close enough attention to the release history,
but I need to find the latest jena version that runs in java 1.8. I know
support for java8 was dropped somewhere in the 4.x series, but can't
find where. My application must remain at java8 for the time being.

Thanks in advance,

--Paul

Re: jena version java compatibility

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi Paul

Looking at the pom.xml on GitHub, looks like the last java8 release was 3.17

https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/jena-3.17.0/pom.xml#L107

The 4 0.0 release notes also mention the change to java 11 runtime:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/m7m73dl7mgp3k5ljolc1tvrt7b202l3w

Cheers
-Bruno

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
3.17.0 (2020-11-25)

Note: log4j2 issue so replace with log4j 2.18.x jars.

     Andy

On 15/08/2022 16:52, Paul Tyson wrote:
> Apologies for not paying close enough attention to the release history,
> but I need to find the latest jena version that runs in java 1.8. I know
> support for java8 was dropped somewhere in the 4.x series, but can't
> find where. My application must remain at java8 for the time being.

VM? Container?