Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org> on 2015/07/07 00:19:08 UTC

Re: Hadoop YARN Birds of a Feather (BOF) Session at Hadoop Summit San Jose 2015

I also put up the timeline service next gen (YARN-2928) deck on slideshare:
http://www.slideshare.net/sjlee0/timeline-service-next-gen-yarn2928-yarn-bof

Comments are welcome. Thanks!

Posted by Subramaniam V K <su...@gmail.com>.
Following Sangjin's lead we have also put up the YARN Federation BoF deck
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12744547/Federation-BoF.pdf>in
the YARN-2915 JIRA.

One question we were consistently asked was, how will global scheduler
invariants be enforced in a Federated setting. We have been thinking about
it (with inputs from Karthik, Anubhav, Arun Suresh, Wangda, Jian, Zhijie
etc all) & have put up an initial proposal
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12744104/FEDERATION_CAPACITY_ALLOCATION_JIRA.pdf>for
the same in the JIRA.

We are looking for feedback from the larger YARN developer community.

Thanks,
Subru

Posted by Subramaniam V K <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Subramaniam V K <su...@gmail.com>.