Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Mikhail Pochatkin <mp...@unison.team> on 2022/08/15 10:43:13 UTC

[DISCUSSION] IEP-93: Ignite Packaging

Hello, Igniters.

I'd like to start a discussion about Ignite Packaging for Apache Ignite
3[1]. The main purpose of these changes is related to improving Apache
Ignite 3 distribution process.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-93%3A+Ignite+Packaging

Re: [DISCUSSION] IEP-93: Ignite Packaging

Posted by Mikhail Pochatkin <mp...@unison.team>.
Hi, Roman.

MacOs should be supported and yes, the main idea was about Windows and Unix
compatible scripts. I'll update the IEP text. Thank you!

Posted by Roman Puchkovskiy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mikhail.

Posted by Mikhail Pochatkin <mp...@unison.team>.
Hi, Petr.

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Mikhail!

The IEP looks great and there are a lot of work to be done.
I guess we are waiting now for the initial Gradle build implementation to start applying changes on TC and further work for packaging?