Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Seth Mason <se...@slackorama.com> on 2007/06/06 05:07:03 UTC

changelog scm question

Is there a way to configure the changelog plugin so it doesn't use the
values form the scm element but rather from a plugin configuration
element?  I have a problem where my parent pom defines its own scm and
changelog is using that to generate the changelog and failing because
the repo doesn't exist where its looking.

I'd rather not set my scm settings in the child pom because I'm
already setting my scm for the maven release plugin in the parent pom
and I'd like to do the same with changelog plugin.  That way all my
projects could just include my "core" parent pom and have all their
changelog and release settings ready for running.

For example, I have this in my parent pom so it's usable in all my
projects that inherit from it:
       <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
          <configuration>
            <connection>scm:svn:svn://path/to/svn/${project.name}/trunk</connection>
            <developerConnection>scm:svn://path/to/svn/${project.name}/trunk</developerConnection>
            <tagBase>svn://path/to/svn/${project.name}/tags</tagBase>
           </configuration>
        </plugin>

Let me know if this isn't clear.

Thanks in advance,
SETH

Re: changelog scm question

Posted by Seth Mason <sl...@gmail.com>.
> Why don't you just define the correct SCM information in your parent?

I did actually try that but I think the problem is that I'm using the
parent as an include more than a true parent. (This is so I can have
the plugin configuration for all my projects is centrally located.)
My child pom isn't really a sub-project of the parent pom project (if
that makes sense).

I have this for the <scm> in my parent.
<scm>
   <connection>scm:svn:svn://path/to/svn/${project.name}/trunk/</connection>
   <developerConnection>scm:svn:svn://path/to/svn/${project.name}/trunk/</developerConnection>
</scm>

When I run mvn changelog:changelog in my project that whose pom is a
child of my core pom, I get the following error:

[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] The svn command failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] svn: File not found: revision 2025, path
'/project-name/trunk/project-name'

The release plugin runs without errors because it's scm is defined in
its configuration element.

Thanks,
SETH

Re: changelog scm question

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Seth,

Why don't you just define the correct SCM information in your parent?

Cheers
Jo