Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Saravana Kumar Vithyananthan <vs...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/08 06:14:13 UTC

Hive JDBC:: HiveConnection.setReadonly implementation

Hi

When instantiating the org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection object
present in the Java HiveDriver library, when trying to call
setReadonly(true), a "Method not supported" exception is thrown. And
'isReadonly' is "false" by default. Why is setReadonly() method not
implemented? We want to access Hive Data only for reporting purposes, and
hence, we want to open the connection in the readonly mode.

Saravana Kumar.