Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by 丸子良太 / MARUKO,RYOUTA <ry...@hitachi-solutions.com> on 2016/01/28 06:33:15 UTC

[ACS4.2.1] SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_82

Hello.

I did volume snapshot(not VM snapshot) of one VM.
But it occurred the following error

~~~~~~~
management-server.log

create snapshot operation Failed for snapshotId:1497, reason: SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_82 Failed to snapshot
VDI [opterr=[Command['/usr/bin/vhd-util', 'query', '--debug', '-vsf', '-n',
'/dev/VG_XenStorage-UUID/VHD-UUID'] failed (22) :20480
failed to get physical size: -22
hidden: 0]
~~~~~~~

There are 5 hosts of XenServer.
And the host of this VM is slave host.

I tried to operate this command on the host of this VM.
It said the following

~~~~~~~
20480
2952376832
hidden: 7
~~~~~~~

So, I tried to operate the same command on the master host.
It said the following

~~~~~~~
20480
failed to get physical size: -22
hidden: 0
~~~~~~~

To transfer master from master host to the slave host will be good???
Please tell me about this probrem.

The version is
~~~~~~
CloudStack 4.2.1
XenServer 6.1.0
~~~~~~

Regards

RE: [ACS4.2.1] SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_82

Posted by 丸子良太 / MARUKO,RYOUTA <ry...@hitachi-solutions.com>.
Dear Glenn

Thank you very much.
I checked your suggestion.

>Check that the vhd-util is the correct version from cloudstack
>Run a md5sum on the vhd-util

It is the correct version.

>Also check that the master and slave can access the secondary storage properly

It is no probrem.
the master and slave can access the secondary storage.

>Run a df -h on the slave and master, what mount's to you have?

It is the same mount between the master and slave.

How do you think that the master and slave restart?

Regards

Ryota Maruko
Hitachi Solusions East Japan,Ltd.
HPC Group