Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Howe <Pe...@uk.linedata.com> on 2005/03/01 14:29:21 UTC

Subversion on AIX 4.3.3

Hi.  I'm wanting to get the latest Subversion release (1.1.3) running on
AIX 4.3.3.  I have some issues with compiling it and wondered if there
were any binary kits available for SVN 1.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3 (even
unofficial - just to get me going.)  If not, any advise on building
subversion (and the necessary other libraries.)  I only need the client.

Thanks in advance,
Pete

Re: Subversion on AIX 4.3.3

Posted by Jim Hague <ji...@fluffy.bear-cave.org.uk>.
Peter Howe <Pe...@uk.linedata.com> wrote:
>Hi.  I'm wanting to get the latest Subversion release (1.1.3) running on
>AIX 4.3.3.  I have some issues with compiling it and wondered if there
>were any binary kits available for SVN 1.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3 (even
>unofficial - just to get me going.)

http://www.bear-cave.org.uk/aix has some AIX client binary tarballs.
They're built on 5.1, but I think should work on 4.3.3. At least, I'm
waiting for someone to tell me they don't....
--
Jim Hague - jim@bear-cave.org.uk          Never trust a computer you can't lift.

Re: Subversion on AIX 4.3.3

Posted by Steve Greenland <st...@lsli.com>.
On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 08:55:22AM -0600, Travis P wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2005, at 8:29 AM, Peter Howe wrote:
>
> >Hi.  I'm wanting to get the latest Subversion release (1.1.3) running
> >on
> >AIX 4.3.3.  I have some issues with compiling it and wondered if there
> >were any binary kits available for SVN 1.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3 (even
> >unofficial - just to get me going.)  If not, any advise on building
> >subversion (and the necessary other libraries.)  I only need the
> >client.
>
> I'm been using AIX 5.1 for a while now and have no 4.3.3 boxes
> available anymore. What's the nature of your compile troubles?

The problem I've run into seems to be a libtool problem - it screws
up with shared libraries. My current workaround is to build with
--disable-shared. (Actually, my complete command line is

CC=xlc CFLAGS="-qlanglvl=extended" ./configure --without-berkeley-db --disable-nls --disable-shared

)

Peter, is that what you're seeing, and does it fix your problem?
Otherwise, I can probably supply a 4.3.3. svn binary.

Steve
--
"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything! I'll ask
about Exchange Server next.

Re: Subversion on AIX 4.3.3

Posted by Travis P <sv...@castle.fastmail.fm>.
On Mar 1, 2005, at 8:29 AM, Peter Howe wrote:

> Hi.  I'm wanting to get the latest Subversion release (1.1.3) running
> on
> AIX 4.3.3.  I have some issues with compiling it and wondered if there
> were any binary kits available for SVN 1.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3 (even
> unofficial - just to get me going.)  If not, any advise on building
> subversion (and the necessary other libraries.)  I only need the
> client.

I'm been using AIX 5.1 for a while now and have no 4.3.3 boxes
available anymore.
What's the nature of your compile troubles?

( I saw your note over on 'dev' too; I think that 'users' is the right
place
for this type of question, at least initially. )

-Travis