Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by si...@gmail.com on 2012/02/29 09:53:19 UTC

Dynamic queues

Hello everybody,

Can anyone give me an idea on how to create dynamically growing queues.ie.,
when a particular message arrives the queue has to grow by 1 and when the
message is delivered , it should reduce by 1.
ie., my queue should grow whne only mesage arrives and shrink on delivering
the messages one by one. ie., I don want to set the queue size initially.

Regards,
Sinduja.R

Re: Dynamic queues

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 02/29/2012 08:53 AM, sinduja.ramaraj@gmail.com wrote:
> Can anyone give me an idea on how to create dynamically growing queues.ie.,
> when a particular message arrives the queue has to grow by 1 and when the
> message is delivered , it should reduce by 1.
> ie., my queue should grow whne only mesage arrives and shrink on delivering
> the messages one by one. ie., I don want to set the queue size initially.

That is how queues work by default. However there are two qualifications
to that:

* Distinct from an initial size you may want to set a limit to the size
to which a given queue can grow.

* For the c++ broker, if you want your messages to be persisted to disk,
then you need to determine how much capacity you will need on disk when
you first create the queue.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org