Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/16 16:18:11 UTC

Best way to pass project resources in Java MR

Hello folks

Basic Java MR question.

What is the right practice to pass any program specific files (sitting in
src/main/resources) in your project folder to your mapper.

I tried the following and it didn't work

1. Inside mapper setup() ->

ClassLoader.getClassLoader().getResource("myfile_in_jar")

ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader().getResource("myfile_in_jar");

2. Inside Driver run() method

Re: Best way to pass project resources in Java MR

Posted by Ashwanth Kumar <as...@googlemail.com>.
Map/Reduce task JVM has your JAR in the classpath.

Did you try "MapperClass.class.getResource("/myfile_in_jar")" ?

--

Ashwanth Kumar / ashwanthkumar.in

Re: Best way to pass project resources in Java MR

Posted by Ashwanth Kumar <as...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ashwanth Kumar <as...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ashwanth Kumar <as...@googlemail.com>.

--