Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2009/01/09 09:25:51 UTC

PMC email

Suggested email to PMCs. Tear it apart :)

*****
Announcing the availability of the Apache Attic. As you may know, the
ASF has been
kicking around the idea of a location for inactive projects for a
while. In November the
board voted to create such a project and we've just pushed out our
informational website:

    http://attic.apache.org/

A critical part from the site is our example suggestions as to when a
project should move to the Attic:

"Projects whose PMC are unable to muster 3 votes for a release, who
have no active
committers or are unable to fulfill their reporting duties to the
board are all good candidates
for the Attic. "

It can be a tough decision to take for a project in that situation to
go to the next logical step -
the aim of the Attic is for a project to know that there is now a
graceful way to say Goodnight.

Please get acquainted with the Attic and consider whether you are
involved in a project
that might want to discuss this option.

Hen

Apache Attic, VP
******

Re: PMC email

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> wrote:
> Suggested email to PMCs. Tear it apart :)

<snip/>

Minutiae:
1) Announcement can wait for next sync to style the site correctly
2) I see many unnecessary new lines below, probably an artifact of the
cut-n-paste

-Rahul

Re: PMC email

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> wrote:

> Please get acquainted with the Attic and consider whether you are
> involved in a project
> that might want to discuss this option.

:-)  Isn't sometimes the problem that there is no one around??

Otherwise, I think it is a pretty straight forward and good mail.

Cheers
Niclas