Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by evi <ev...@evi.pri.ee> on 2007/01/14 18:32:44 UTC

Downloading .jar fails

Hi!

For some reason command "maven war:install" does not check all repositories
listed in build.properties file (maven.repo.remote =
http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven/,
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/, http://dist.codehaus.org/,
http://cvs.apache.org/repository,
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven)

and therefore gives an errod while attempting to buld jetspeed.war:

Attempting to download derby-10.1.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from [
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/org.apache.derby/j
ars/derby-10.1.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; status
code
 was: 301
Error retrieving artifact from [
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/org.apache.der
by/jars/derby-10.1.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading;
status
code was: 302
WARNING: Failed to download derby-10.1.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

derby-10.1.jar

Total time: 13 seconds
Finished at: Sun Jan 14 19:12:40 EET 2007

What should cahne in order to get downloads from
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven)?

Evi

RE: Downloading .jar fails, jetspeed 2

Posted by evi <ev...@evi.pri.ee>.
Yes, I realized earlier that   http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ is not valid
any more. But changing the repository does not work for some reason.

I left only maven.repo.remote=http://repo1.maven.org/maven to
build.poperties.

Now, when I give the command "maven war:install", I do not get even
301-error, just the reposititory is somehow completely overlooked:

C:\home\testportal2>maven war:install
 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0.2

Attempting to download derby-10.1.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download derby-10.1.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

derby-10.1.jar

Total time: 3 seconds
Finished at: Mon Jan 15 17:25:27 EET 2007

Any ideas why?

Evi

ibiblio has reorganised the maven repositories, moving to mirrors.
But maven 1.x cannot handle redirection (yet), which is why you're getting a
301 error.

Replace http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ with http://repo1.maven.org/maven/ to
solve that problem.

See also the news items for 7 December 2006 on the maven-1 site:
   http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/news.html

Re: Downloading .jar fails

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.