Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Viru Gajanayake <vi...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/10/03 04:48:41 UTC

Build instructions on web site

Hi,
I am new to Apache POI, about a week ago I submitted a patch.  I just want to point out that as someone completely new to the project I was relying on the instructions at Apache POI - How To Buildon how to build, which has instructions using ant.  However ant builds no longer work, "ant jar" will fail.  I found out that I needed to use gradle by reaching out to a developer in your community.  I am just writing to point out that if these instructions are updated it will make it easier for people new to the project like me.
Thanks in advance,
Viru

Re: Build instructions on web site