Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/07 11:50:12 UTC

PODLINGNAMESEARCH Jira notifications.

Hi,

Quick question.
Is it necessary for each update to be sent to general@?
Should it not be the PPMC duty to inform IPMC if something is wrong
with the podling name and it can be addressed in this light?
I don't want to sound petty, but I am not interested in notifications
about name searches to podlings which I don't have the time to get
involved with... Am I the only one with this viewpoint?
I'm sure there was motivation and justification behind the idea
originally (and maybe there still is) but I for one just can't see it.
Thank you

Lewis

--
Lewis