Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com> on 2004/01/07 21:29:43 UTC

Test Run Order

Howdy,

I've been pulling my hair out trying to track down what I thought was
an error in my AWL changes, but turns out isn't.

The symptom is that from one run to the next (within a minute or so of
each other with network tests turned off and clearing the AWL and
Bayes DBs) the AWL score for a message would be different.  The final
score (after all tests) would always be the same.

It turns out that the different scores happen because the AWL test was
occasionally running before/after other tests.

I haven't really dug into this area of the code much, but I assume
it's known that the tests run semi-randomly which can cause differing
AWL scores to be stored.  I'm wondering if that's really what we want?
Is there anyway to force the AWL test to run at the end of the
process? or at least after everything that would affect the score for
AWL?

Am I missing something?  I'm hoping not because I've switch to running
a whole bunch of baseline tests against HEAD and I'm seeing the
behavior there.

Michael

Re: Test Run Order

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 12:45:29PM -0800, Justin Mason wrote:

> Michael -- is this in HEAD or b2_6_0 -- or both?   Some changes
> were made to that code in HEAD.

Subversion HEAD, I'm currently at r4630.

Michael

Re: Test Run Order

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 12:45:29PM -0800, Justin Mason wrote:

> Michael -- is this in HEAD or b2_6_0 -- or both?   Some changes
> were made to that code in HEAD.

I believe I've narrowed it down, surprisingly I haven't noticed this
before, I guess I just wasn't looking close enough.

Because I've blown away my CVS workspace this is all against the code
in SVN.

svn up -r 5814

    Does NOT display error

svn up -r 5815

    Does display error

The difference in these two revisions is:
svn log -v -r 5815
r5815 | quinlan | 2003-09-23 16:37:03 -0500 (Tue, 23 Sep 2003) | 2 lines
Changed paths:
   M /incubator/spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm
   M /incubator/spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/EvalTests.pm
   M /incubator/spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm
   M /incubator/spamassassin/trunk/rules/20_head_tests.cf
   M /incubator/spamassassin/trunk/rules/60_whitelist.cf
   M /incubator/spamassassin/trunk/spamassassin.raw
   M /incubator/spamassassin/trunk/spamd/spamd.raw

bug 2459: reorganize auto-whitelist implementation

Michael