Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Matthew R. Hamilton" <ma...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/11/09 05:59:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Question about mod_cache

I am looking to set up some caching apache servers to offload commonly accessed
static content.  We had been using IBM's WebSphere Edge Components 5.0.2 until
we started experiancing issues where the ibmproxy process would constantly
crash, but not in any sort of predictable manner.  We currently deployed apache
2.0.52 and I enabled mod_cache as well as mod_mem_cache and mod_disk_cache.  I
was expecting to see entries in the CacheRoot folder, which is owned by the
user that the apache process is running as.  I basicly took the sample
httpd.conf from the apache site and modified it to fit my environment.

<IfModule mod_cache.c>

#LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
<IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>

CacheRoot /opt/www/div/mwdc/cacheroot
CacheSize 2000000

CacheEnable disk /opt/www/htdocs/gifts
CacheEnable disk /opt/local/htdocs/images
CacheDirLevels 5
CacheDirLength 3

</IfModule>

LoadModule mem_cache_module modules/mod_mem_cache.so
<IfModule mod_mem_cache.c>

CacheEnable mem /opt/www/htdocs/gifts
CacheEnable mem /opt/local/htdocs/gifts
MCacheSize 2000000