Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2008/05/22 18:09:16 UTC

t5: better way using Intellj with T5?

Hi,

I have been using Intellij with T5 and it works very well, here are some
approaches:

1) Using the local tomcat server in the IDEA and run it directly, advantage
of this is, I can debug/step into the java code.
2) Using remote tomcat server, create a exploded directory, run/attach the
app in the exploded directory to it from IDEA, but can't debug/step into the
java code.
3) either local or remote tomcat server, create an exploded directory, don't
have to run/attach, just 'make', and switch to browser to browse the related
url, this works very well with T5's 'class reloading' feature, but can't
debug/step the java code.

I'd like to know how others use Intellj with T5? how to debug in the #2 and
#3's case? Thanks.

Angelo

Re: t5: better way using Intellj with T5?

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.
I simply run Jetty through Maven inside IntelliJ. Works like a charm.

-Filip

Posted by Richard Clark <rd...@gmail.com>.
I just wrote up how I've been using T5, IDEA, and Jetty (both with and
without Maven). The directions look long, but it's actually a very
quick setup and handles hot code reloading and debugging *very*
quickly.

http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5_Run_Jetty_From_IDEA

...Richard

Re: t5: better way using Intellj with T5?

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.
In Idea, you just click the add button to add a new maven config (IJ
 >= 7 only) after pressing the run button. In there, your goal will be
jetty:run. Specify the pom that is in your webapp module. You might
also need to specify maven home.

In your pom, you need a chunk like this in your build/plugins element:

             <!-- Run the application using "mvn jetty:run" -->
             <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
                 <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
                 <configuration>

                     <!-- Log to the console. -->
                     <requestLog
implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.NCSARequestLog">
                         <append>true</append>
                     </requestLog>

                     <!--
                         - when run on the server, via a script, these
properties take on their default values
                         - change them here temporarily if necessary
                      -->
                     <systemProperties>
                         <systemProperty>
                             <name>tapestry.compress-whitespace</name>
                             <value>false</value>
                         </systemProperty>
                         <systemProperty>
                             <name>tapestry.production-mode</name>
                             <value>false</value>
                         </systemProperty>
                         <systemProperty>
                             <name>tapestry.supported-locales</name>
                             <value>en</value>
                         </systemProperty>
                     </systemProperties>

                     <connectors>
                         <!-- HTTP connector -->
                         <connector
implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector">
                             <port>8800</port>
                             <maxIdleTime>60000</maxIdleTime>
                         </connector>

                         <!-- SSL Connector -->
                         <connector
implementation="org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector">
                             <port>8443</port>
                             <maxIdleTime>30000</maxIdleTime>
                             <keystore>${keystore.location}</keystore>
                             <keyPassword>${keystore.keypass}</
keyPassword>
                             <password>${keystore.storepass}</password>
                         </connector>
                     </connectors>

                 </configuration>
             </plugin>