Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by sliver <sl...@gmx.at> on 2005/08/18 14:51:39 UTC

Encode url

Hi,

how do I encode a string in velocity?

I tried this

#set( $encodedStr = $link.encodeURL($string))

but it doesn't encode characters like '?' and '&'. I need them to put a URL
into a parameter of a request string.

e.g.
http://foo.bar.org/some.action?backurl=another.action?foo=bar&bar=foo

where backurl should be another.action?foo=bar&bar=foo

TIA
Stefan

Re: Encode url

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
yeah, the encode URL method is not meant to escape key URL characters,
but rather to encode spaces and such to be URL-friendly.

if you want to escape key URL characters like '?', you will either
need to write your own method or find a utility.  you might try the
StringUtils class in commons-lang or something like that.