Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Tom Bichay <bi...@gmx.net> on 2006/03/01 19:27:12 UTC

HSLF

Hi,

I am new in this mailinglist, but I am thinking of using POI for a
project and have several questions!
I wanna generate out of Java a Powerpoint file! But I cant find HSLF in
any Jar-File, where can I download that?
Is it necessary to have Powerpoint on the Server to generate it? or do i
dont need to have Powerpoint to generate it? just for viewing?
is it possible to give that powerpoint a style? because i didnt find a
real documentation for hslf yet!

so far!

thanks for helping

regards

tom

Re: HSLF

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
Hi,

I'm sure that others will answer with the details, but yes you can
generate PPT w/o PowerPoint from java using POI.

Styles are possible and so are object oriented graphics, tables, etc.

My third party developer, Yegor, has extended POI to do a lot of this
and has been making contributions to POI through Nick.

Regards,
Dave Fisher