Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/08/30 00:03:10 UTC

updating handling of source-release assemblies

Recent discussion on infra and elsewhere says that things which are
source-release assemblies need to be on the Apache Mirror system.  Likewise,
things normally put on Maven Central for distribution via Maven, normally have
sources.jar, but not source-release assemblies (especially for multi-module
assemblies).

We can update our build system to do better with source-release assemblies, by
adding a configuration to not "attach" them to the build - they'll be in target,
but won't be uploaded by maven to snapshot / staging repos.

I'm +1 for doing this, I think.

Other opinions?

-Marshall

Re: updating handling of source-release assemblies

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
On 30.08.2013 00:03, Marshall Schor wrote:
> Recent discussion on infra and elsewhere says that things which are
> source-release assemblies need to be on the Apache Mirror system.  Likewise,
> things normally put on Maven Central for distribution via Maven, normally have
> sources.jar, but not source-release assemblies (especially for multi-module
> assemblies).
>
> We can update our build system to do better with source-release assemblies, by
> adding a configuration to not "attach" them to the build - they'll be in target,
> but won't be uploaded by maven to snapshot / staging repos.
>
> I'm +1 for doing this, I think.
>
> Other opinions?

+1

Peter

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
> Am 30.08.2013 um 00:03 schrieb Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>:
>
>> Recent discussion on infra and elsewhere says that things which are
>> source-release assemblies need to be on the Apache Mirror system.  Likewise,
>> things normally put on Maven Central for distribution via Maven, normally have
>> sources.jar, but not source-release assemblies (especially for multi-module
>> assemblies).
>>
>> We can update our build system to do better with source-release assemblies, by
>> adding a configuration to not "attach" them to the build - they'll be in target,
>> but won't be uploaded by maven to snapshot / staging repos.
>>
>> I'm +1 for doing this, I think.
>>
>> Other opinions?
>>
>> -Marshall
> For recent multi-module builds (e.g. uimaj or recently uimaFIT), the source-release
> assembly is already not attached. It runs as part of the aggregator which has
> deployment deactivated.
Thanks for mentioning that.  This "fix" would cover the non-multi-module case.

-Marshall

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ri...@gmail.com>.