Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ght230 <gh...@163.com> on 2016/05/17 14:25:52 UTC

Can compute grid guarantee the correctness of the result

As I know, Ignite compute grid can provide distributed computations ability
in parallel fashion, but I am not sure whether it can guarantee the
correctness of the computations result.

In other words, if there is some error during computitions,computing grid
will discard the result or will do re-computation?

Re: Can compute grid guarantee the correctness of the result

Posted by ght230 <gh...@163.com>.
Thank you for your advise.

Re: Can compute grid guarantee the correctness of the result

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Compute grid jobs will execute more than once if the server crashed in the
middle of execution. In that case, the job will be failed over and started
from scratch.

If you want exactly once guarantee, then assign IDs to your computations or
events and store them in a cache. This way, if the event ID is already
there, then the job has already executed. You can do such cache updates
within a transaction in order to make sure that everything happens
atomically.

Does this make sense?

D.

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, jobs are failed over to other nodes if some error happens. If this is
not possible for any reason, the client will get an exception. See [1] for
details.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/fault-tolerance

-Val