Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.net> on 2001/01/12 06:49:56 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant Task.java

On 1/8/01 8:51 AM, "bodewig@apache.org" <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> initialization
> +    steps only occur once, the execute() method may be
> +    called more than once, if the task is invoked more than once. For
> example,
> +    if target1 and target2 both depend on target3, then running
> +    "ant target1 target2" will run all tasks in target3 twice.</li>

I guess this is really a legacy of how the current tree is formed. For Ant
2.0, with late binding of all property values and late creation of the
actual TaskActions, this wouldn't necessarily be the case.

.duncan

                                                                  !try; do()

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/antTask.java

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 09:49  11/1/01 -0800, James Duncan Davidson wrote:
>On 1/8/01 8:51 AM, "bodewig@apache.org" <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

>> initialization
>> +    steps only occur once, the execute() method may be
>> +    called more than once, if the task is invoked more than once. For
>> example,
>> +    if target1 and target2 both depend on target3, then running
>> +    "ant target1 target2" will run all tasks in target3 twice.</li>
>
>I guess this is really a legacy of how the current tree is formed. For Ant
>2.0, with late binding of all property values and late creation of the
>actual TaskActions, this wouldn't necessarily be the case.

I am not sure Ant2.0 will actually allow manipulation of instances in this
manner thou ? Or do you see it as desirable?
Cheers,

Pete