Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com> on 2007/12/03 03:10:21 UTC

Re: lucene-core-2.2.0.jar broken? CorruptIndexException?

> I'll see if I can get back to this over the weekend.

I got a chance to copy my corpus to another G4 and try indexing with
Lucene 2.2.  This one seems OK!  Same texts.  So now I'm inclined to
believe that it *is* the machine, rather than the code.  Whew!  Though
that doesn't explain why 2.0 works fine on the same corpus on the same
machine, in repeated tests.

I'm going to run some diagnostics on the first G4, and see if I can
find a hardware problem.  I'll report back.

Bill

Re: lucene-core-2.2.0.jar broken? CorruptIndexException?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Hey Bill,

Any status on this?

On Dec 2, 2007, at 10:37 PM, Bill Janssen wrote:

>>> Hmmm, it still sounds like you are hitting a threading issue that is
>>> probably exacerbated by the multicore platform of the newer machine.
>>
>> Exactly what I was thinking.
>> What are the details of the CPUs of these two systems?
>
> Ah, good point.  The bad machine is a dual-processor 1GHz G4 "wind
> tunnel" model, and the good machine is a 1.5GH single-processor G4
> Powerbook.  I'm running the re-indexing in a daemon thread in a server
> which manages the repository.
>
> Bill

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com

Lucene Helpful Hints:

Re: lucene-core-2.2.0.jar broken? CorruptIndexException?

Posted by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On Dec 2, 2007 9:28 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hmmm, it still sounds like you are hitting a threading issue that is
> probably exacerbated by the multicore platform of the newer machine.

Exactly what I was thinking.
What are the details of the CPUs of these two systems?

-Yonik

Re: lucene-core-2.2.0.jar broken? CorruptIndexException?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Hmmm, it still sounds like you are hitting a threading issue that is
probably exacerbated by the multicore platform of the newer machine.
Is there anyway to put together a unit test that we can try?

Thanks,
Grant