Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> on 2018/07/02 16:51:30 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Doris Proposal

Hi Jim,

> On Jun 30, 2018, at 8:58 AM, Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Can you help me understand which portion of this document addresses the
> discussions that occurred on the thread? The thread included discussion of
>
> 1. The name
> 2. Licence and copyright

The remaining license and copyright issues are a natural part of Incubation and should be handled with the Mentor’s help.

> 3. Attribution (Tim's Impala patch that was copied without attribution)

Would additional text in the Impala part of the rationale help explain? Or, should a specific paragraph be added elsewhere?

> 4. Impala integration

The Doris team has a plan to handle this. Do you want it incorporated in the proposal? Or acknowledged along with (3)?

> 5. Mentors and committer choices
>
> I only see #1 and #5 addressed in the wiki page, with no discussion on #2,
> #3, and #4. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: [DISCUSS] Doris Proposal