Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Cade Parker <ca...@civitaslearning.com> on 2018/07/12 17:04:03 UTC

Bulk entity GET guid/url limit

Hi, my team is currently running into an issue with our Atlas instance (v1.0.0) where the number of guids used for the bulk entity GET request affects the success/failure of the request.

Submitting a GET request to https://atlas-host/api/atlas/v2/entity/bulk/?guid=... for 174 guids succeeds, but 175 guids does not succeed (Atlas returns status code 400 Bad Request), and adding a useless query parameter which lengthens the URL also causes Atlas to fail (174 guids + 1 garbage parameter). This makes us think the problem is not due to a limit in the number of GUIDs that can be handled, but an issue with the URL being too long. Previously, Atlas would return a 414 Request URI is Too Long status if the url went beyond the server limits.

Our current workaround is too batch the API requests with a number of guids that doesn’t fail. If this is expected behavior, we can live with the workaround but we want to check that there isn’t a configuration piece or bug that is causing the failure.

Thanks,
Cade Parker
Civitas Leanring Inc.

Re: Bulk entity GET guid/url limit

Posted by Sarath Subramanian <sa...@apache.org>.
Cade,

We have added a parameter length restriction - If the parameter value
passed is greater than 4096 bytes we throw a 400 Bad Request with error
message - "Length of query param exceeds the limit"

4096 bytes is the maximum allowed param value.

Thanks,

Sarath Subramanian