Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by gabriel kastenbaum <gk...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/10 14:26:22 UTC

Starting ActiveMQ: brokerName not set?

Hi everybody,

I am trying to start a network of brokers. I would like to set the
"brokerName"
by the script that starts the broker with the propertie
-Dactivemq.brokerName=$HOSTNAME

and in activemq.xml

<broker ... brokerName="${activemq.brokerName}">

The point is  that the brokerName is not set - or seems to be "not set".
I have the following message in the logs: WARN
multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent <BrokerName is not set>

In fact even if I hard code a name in the configuration
<broker brokerName="myHostName">

I have the same message.
Do I have to take into account the WARN message?

y the way: Is the brokerName mandatory with a network of brokers working
with multicast?

Re: Starting ActiveMQ: brokerName not set?

Posted by Fritz Oconer <fo...@exist.com>.
Hi,

The fix has also been applied to 4.1.0 release. The binary can be downloaded
in http://activemq.org/site/activemq-410-release.html.

Regards,
Fritz

Posted by Marlon Santos <ms...@exist.com>.