Posted to user@drill.apache.org by James Turton <dz...@apache.org> on 2021/11/16 18:48:47 UTC

Drill community meetup invitation

Dear community member

Based on your feedback I've set up a Zoom meeting at 8am PDT on the last
Friday of every month.  The details are below, attached as iCalendar and
will shortly be updated on the Drill Community Resources page
<https://drill.apache.org/community-resources/>.

    https://zoom.us/j/84291153325?pwd=NWZ1MS9lbkVmMHZXWmtXN2loQ0ZZZz09
    Meeting ID 84291153325, passcode 488311

We can discuss whether we overtly skip December, the last Friday of
which will be Christmas eve, or whether every month is simply left as
"whoever feels like it can join and see who's there".

I've made a basic agenda for this first meetup which I hope will meet
with your approval.  It's of course not something we need to adhere
rigidly to and, if there are conversations still happening come the end
of the booked 60 minutes, they can simply continue between the
interested parties (possibly in spin-off calls if the one I've booked
kicks us out).

 1. *Welcome and keynote:* Charles Givre.
 2. *Introductions:* anyone who raises a Zoom hand.  If you're an Apache
    member, have a history with the Drill project, would like to
    participate in the project, use Drill in some capacity or might like
    to then that's enough reason to raise your Zoom hand!  Silent
    attendees who join just to listen in remain more than welcome.
 3. *Meetup format discussion*: anyone who raises a Zoom hand.  In which
    we discuss what, if any structure, we'd like future meetups to have.
 4. *Open floor*: anyone who raises a Zoom hand.  The main event!  Let's
    share ideas about making Drill awesome, and any related topics.

Looking forward to it!

James

Re: Drill community meetup invitation

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.
A last reminder that the first meetup is on Friday this week!

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.