Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kumar, Sumit" <Su...@sogeti-usa.com> on 2003/12/09 22:45:38 UTC

including a page outside webapp

Hi,

I want to include a html header in my jsp page. However that html is not
located in the same webapp. It is actually not located in any webapp but in
a different folder.  I tried using the following syntax but doesn't finds
the file.
<%@include file="../../CustomerTemplates/common_bannerSection.html" %>
Any comments?

Thanks
-sumit

Re: including a page outside webapp

Posted by Marten Lehmann <le...@cnm.de>.
> Did you turn on SSI support??

An include-statement doesn't require SSI.

To Sumit: You're using a relative path to the file. Have you tried with
an absolut path to make absolutely sure that's nothing wrong with
permissions or base-paths the relative path relies on? Maybe some
security-rules restrict access outside the current webapp. In this case
(if you're using linux), try to add a symbolic link from your
webapp-path to the file outside the webapp.

Regards
Marten

Re: including a page outside webapp