Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Muddapati, Jagadish" <Ja...@nscorp.com> on 2018/09/13 14:09:05 UTC

Multi word search is not returning correct results in solr

Hi,

The Solr results are not working for multi word search. When I use the double quotes around the words it's not giving the correct results and getting random results.

Please suggest me resolution for this.

String contentText = URLEncoder.encode(String.format("title:\"%s\" OR body:\"%s\" OR pagename:%s OR title:%s OR body:%s",searchContent,searchContent, searchContent,searchContent,searchContent),"UTF-8");

Solr displaying results: select?q=body:"Intermodal%20Schedules"&wt=json

Thanks,
Jagadish M.

Re: Multi word search is not returning correct results in solr

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jagadish,

How are you passing in the query to do the search? Is it through SolrJ or
HTTP or something else?
Also, which version of Solr are you using?

Regards,
Edwin