Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ravi Kulkarni <rk...@applabs.net> on 2004/01/16 11:21:55 UTC

Unable to open text file

Hi Everyone,

In my application we have an feature for downloading search results.

I am reading the contents from file and writing into response using PrintWriter,
in my action.
I have set the content type and headers as follows :
 httpservletresponse.setContentType("application/x-download;charset=UTF-8");
 httpservletresponse.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" +
"product_search.txt");

When I select download button from screen, a dialog window open to download the
file. If I choose to Open the file,another dialog box appears. If I choose to
open, then notepad application opens with blank page with message cannot open
file ......

Can anyone help me how to set the parameters right, to open the file and save as
properly.

Did someone face this problem? I am using IE6

Thanks in advance,

Kulkarni.