Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Bryan Jeffrey <br...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/25 18:23:30 UTC

Spark 2.0

All,

I had three questions:

(1) Is there a timeline for stable Spark 2.0 release?  I know the 'preview'
build is out there, but was curious what the timeline was for full
release. Jira seems to indicate that there should be a release 7/27.

(2)  For 'continuous' datasets there has been a lot of discussion. One item
that came up in tickets was the idea that 'count()' and other functions do
not apply to continuous datasets: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/12080.
In this case what is the intended procedure to calculate a streaming
statistic based on an interval (e.g. count the number of records in a 2
minute window every 2 minutes)?

(3) In previous releases (1.6.1) the call to DStream / RDD repartition w/ a
number of partitions set to zero silently deletes data.  I have looked in
Jira for a similar issue, but I do not see one.  I would like to address
this (and would likely be willing to go fix it myself).  Should I just
create a ticket?

Thank you,

Bryan Jeffrey

Re: Spark 2.0

Posted by Pedro Rodriguez <sk...@gmail.com>.
Spark 2.0 vote for RC5 passed last Friday night so it will probably be
released early this week if I had to guess.

--
Pedro Rodriguez
PhD Student in Distributed Machine Learning | CU Boulder

ski.rodriguez@gmail.com | pedrorodriguez.io | 909-353-4423
Github: github.com/EntilZha | LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/pedrorodriguezscience

Re: Spark 2.0

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi Bryan,

Excellent questions about the upcoming 2.0! Took me a while to find
the answer about structured streaming.

Seen http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-nightly/spark-master-docs/latest/structured-streaming-programming-guide.html#window-operations-on-event-time
? That may be relevant to your question 2.

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://medium.com/@jaceklaskowski/