Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by petra staub <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/09 16:34:36 UTC

Startup in JPDA mode...

I am unsuccessfully trying to startup Tomcat 4.x (4.0.3,4.1.7,...)
under Win2000 in JPDA mode for remote debugging using JSwat or cqjd.

I have the environment variable CATALINA_OPTS set to
"-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=8888,suspend=n"
and start tomcat with "catalina.bat jpda start":

[INFO] Registry - -Loading registry information
[INFO] Registry - -Creating new Registry instance
[INFO] Registry - -Creating MBeanServer
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
[INFO] JkMain - -Starting Jk2, base dir= c:\programme\tomcat417
conf=c:\programm
e\tomcat417\conf\jk2.properties
[INFO] JkMain - -APR not loaded, disabling jni components:
java.io.IOException:
no jkjni in java.library.path
[INFO] ChannelSocket - -JK: listening on tcp port 8019
[INFO] ChannelUn - -No file, disabling unix channel
[INFO] JkMain - -Jk running ID=0 ... init time=90 ms
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1.7
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080

However, after startup, Tomcat is running but I can not connect
remotely the debugger...

Am I missing something? Can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot!