Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@null-oder-eins.ch> on 2006/04/01 12:39:48 UTC

Re: Dynamic (SQL) Pages in lenya

Am Apr 1, 2006 um 13:23 schrieb Trevor Glen:

> Jann Forrer wrote:
>> If just recently integrate a simple sql example into an existin page
>> using the SQLTransformer. That was quite easy to achieve. I did
>> only add
>> the sql transformation into doctypes.xmap like:
>>
>> map:transform type="sql" label="raw">
>>            <map:parameter name="dburl"
>> value="jdbc:mysql://mysql.host:3306/database?autoReconnect=true"/>
>>            <map:parameter name="username" value="name"/>
>>            <map:parameter name="password" value="password"/>
>>         </map:transform>
>>         <map:transform src="lenya/xslt/databases/sql2html.xsl"/>
>>
>> In an content xml document i have the following entries:

>>     <sql:execute-query>
>>        <sql:query>SELECT .......</sql:query>
>>     </sql:execute-query>

We work on a similar solution. In our case the sql-query string is
generated at runtime (reading a parameter from a metadata field).
What kind of precautions have to be taken to prevent or finetune the
caching behaviour for such (dynamic) pages?

Jürgen

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@null-oder-eins.ch>.
Hi Jann

Am 04.04.2006 um 14:51 schrieb Jann Forrer:

> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Jürgen Ragaller wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> We work on a similar solution. In our case the sql-query string is
>> generated at runtime (reading a parameter from a metadata field).
>> What kind of precautions have to be taken to prevent or finetune
>> the caching behaviour for such (dynamic) pages?
>>

> What kind of caching are you refering to? The one as proposed in
> the default publication or a kind of "external" cachlink like
> mod_cahche ....?

The caching mechanism within lenya, caching the pages inside <pub>/
work/cache. I guess it will have to be switched off for those pages
containing sql-output - this gives me worries about the performance.

Jürgen

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.