Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Fabrice CANTEGREL <fc...@fr.reef.com> on 2001/11/15 18:39:03 UTC

tag "message" incoherence

Hi,

i just write to tell you that it seems there is an incoherence between
the tag "message" in the struts-bean.tld and the explanation you provide
on http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/struts-bean.html#message
I though it was possible to generate a key value by using a property
value from a FormBean. I've seen in the documentation that it was
possible. but in the struts-bean.tld, the attribute "key" is mandatory
and the attributes "name", "property" and "scope" don't exist (in the
documentation, key is not mandatory and the missing tags exist). In the
MessageTag.java, it only uses "key" (to generate the call to the
resource). There are no references to the attributes "name", "property"
and "scope". We will do a specific tag for our project. But my question
is: What is wrong? The online documentation or the struts version (1.0)
we've downloaded and used? If we have the good struts code, will those
missing attributes be added in the next release?

Thank you. you do an amazing good work.

CANTEGREL Fabrice
Integration Center Engineer

fcantegrel@fr.reef.com
http://www.reef.com

REEF is a global provider of Internetware for online publishing,
e-commerce, Web site administration and dynamic asset management.