Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh Colbeck <Jo...@HealthiaConsulting.com> on 2006/03/20 23:44:35 UTC

Configuring Tomcat to Use ssl-unclean-shutdown

Hello,

We're running Tomcat 4.1 in stand alone setup (no Apache) and we're
running in to the problem with SSL and IE that causes users to get a
"Page not found" error.  A lot of the fixes I have found for this
problem involve setting up Apache it use ssl-unclean-shutdown by adding
"BrowserMatch ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown" to the Apache
config.  Is there a way to configure this open with standalone Tomcat?

We're also in the process of upgrading to Tomcat 5.5 with APR + OpenSSL.
Is there a way to set the unclean shutdown option in the APR SSL
connector?

Thanks,

Josh