Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by trsvax <tr...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/12 15:56:05 UTC

Can't get Tapestry 5.4-alpha-2 jQuery Support to work

I created a project with alpha-2 in my POM and followed the blog post

http://tapestryjava.blogspot.com/2013/01/tapestry-54-jquery-support-now-in-place.html

by adding this to my AppModule

   @Contribute(SymbolProvider.class)
    @ApplicationDefaults
    public static void
contributeApplicationDefaults(MappedConfiguration<String, Object>
configuration) {
        configuration.add(SymbolConstants.SUPPORTED_LOCALES, "en");
        configuration.add(SymbolConstants.PRODUCTION_MODE, "false");
        configuration.add(SymbolConstants.APPLICATION_VERSION,
"0.0.1-SNAPSHOT");
        configuration.add(SymbolConstants.HMAC_PASSPHRASE,"test");

configuration.add(SymbolConstants.JAVASCRIPT_INFRASTRUCTURE_PROVIDER,
"jquery");
     }

    @Contribute(Compatibility.class)
    public static void disableScriptaculous(MappedConfiguration<Trait,
Boolean> configuration) {
        // not needed with jquery configuration.add(Trait.SCRIPTACULOUS,
false);
        configuration.add(Trait.INITIALIZERS, false);
    }

Changing the Trait values works as I would expect but no matter what I set
SymbolConstants.JAVASCRIPT_INFRASTRUCTURE_PROVIDER to I still get the
prototype.js and
t5-core-dom-prototype.js (as dom.js). I set a break point and the code

if (provider.equals("prototype"))
        {
            configuration.add("t5/core/dom", new
JavaScriptModuleConfiguration(domPrototype));
        }

        if (provider.equals("jquery"))
        {
            configuration.add("t5/core/dom", new
JavaScriptModuleConfiguration(domJQuery));
        }

appears to do the right thing. Is there something I'm missing?

Re: Can't get Tapestry 5.4-alpha-2 jQuery Support to work

Posted by Serge Eby <sd...@hotmail.com>.
Surprisingly, I don't get Prototype. Are you sure you are using the
"official" 5.4-alpha-2 and not a local build?
FWIW, I have the following  in my Layout component (as I use bootstrap):

@Import( stack = { InternalConstants.CORE_STACK_NAME },
         stylesheet = {
"${tapestry.bootstrap-root}/css/bootstrap-responsive.css",
                        "context:styles/style.css",
                        "context:styles/t5-override.css"},
         library = { "context:scripts/lib/plugins/jquery.cookie.js" }
)
public class Layout {

//....

    @Inject
    private JavaScriptSupport jsSupport;

// ....
    void afterRender() {
        jsSupport.require("bootstrap");
    }

}

My AppModule has a @SubModule(EnableJQueryModule.class) based on the code
you referenced earlier (same as putting them in the AppModule as you did).

This works for me and I don't see any reference to Prototype.

HTH,

/Serge

Re: Can't get Tapestry 5.4-alpha-2 jQuery Support to work

Posted by trsvax <tr...@gmail.com>.
I commented out the line to see if the the "jquery" line was working. The
Scriptaculous Trait only applies for prototype and that's exactly what
happens. If I set

SymbolConstants.JAVASCRIPT_INFRASTRUCTURE_PROVIDER,"jquery"

the Scriptacolous trait does nothing. With

SymbolConstants.JAVASCRIPT_INFRASTRUCTURE_PROVIDER,"prototype"

Scriptaculous is turned on and off.

Re: Can't get Tapestry 5.4-alpha-2 jQuery Support to work

Posted by Serge Eby <sd...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

For 5.4-alpha-2, I believe you still need to disable Scriptaculous when
using JQuery (it's fixed in alpha-3).

I see that you commented out this line:

        // not needed with jquery configuration.add(Trait.SCRIPTACULOUS,
false);

Is it not working when uncommented?

/Serge